Wednesday, July 6

First days of school class book

This activity is perfect for the first days of school when you introduce yourself. I introduce myself by writing three sentences on chart paper about me. Then I read the book all about Mrs. Williamson. (It's really cute). I got prints made from my digital camera and pulled out all my scrapbooking supplies to create the book/scrapbook. Then I send it home with a different child each afternoon for them to read to their family. After introducing myself we play a name game. This year I'm going to have my class make a class book "This is me. My name is . . ." We will read it over and over again to learn each others names! While they are busy with that I can take care of the first day of school housekeeping. Click any picture below to download a copy.
Here is what my note looks like that I send home with the book. Click below for a copy.
Photobucket

7 comments:

Lori Rosenberg said...

Great book! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Love it!! So cute!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Gina said...

cute! thanks for sharing!
~gina

Melissa said...

This is such a fun idea! Thank you! Is there any way you could post pictures of the book you made, or what your pages consisted of?

Jessica said...

I wish I could but my book is packed up in my classroom. I will post pictures in August.

Mrs. Gorbe said...

I actually take a "first day of K /1st grade" pic with each kid holding a sign saying "first day of kindergarten, September 6.2011"
and then make a book.
The kids LOVE IT!

Angela said...

Your blog is AmaZiNg! Thanks for sharing your work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...